Mickie M. requested this recipe, so I have decided to do it as my very first one! My mother-in-law originally made buns from a recipe very similar to this one that came from a Ladies Aid Society. Jane G. found this recipe which is a little bigger batch of them. I have been making one or the other recipe all my married life.I often make part of the dough into cinnamon rolls, like my mother did. Sometimes I put in some other grains: a cup of oatmeal, a cup of wheat germ. a cup of granola, a cup of all-bran, a cup of Red River cereal. I usually use about 3 cups of whatever. My kids gave those buns the name "Kitchen Floor Buns" which has stuck! They said it looked like I had swept the kitchen floor and dumped it into my buns!
Grady Buns
1/2 cup warm water
2 tablespoons sugar
3 packages (or 2 tablespoons) yeast
Let stand for 10 minutes to proof.
Add:
4 cups warm water
1 cup sugar
1 cup oil
1 tablespoon salt
15 cups of flour (about)
Mix the flour in gradually and then knead 5-10 minutes. Let rise twice. Shape into rolls on greased baking sheets, let rise again. Bake about 15 -20 minutes at 375 degrees.
The aroma of bread baking says "Welcome home" to your family and friends!
2 comments:
Yummy! I can't wait to make these!
sounds good , gonna have to try these
Post a Comment